Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pita Bread


It usually takes me 3 tries to get my bread to turn out right because I'm terrible at baking, but these were easy and came out good the first time. The recipe suggested baking them for 3 minutes or 6-8 minutes for crispy pitas so I let mine bake for about 5-6 minutes and took them out just as they started to brown.

I can't remember if I've posted the recipe for my favorite dip/dressing but I'm pretty sure I haven't because I always forget to write it down. This might be it:

Tofu Tahini Dill Dip

Blend together:

4 oz silken tofu
1/4 - 1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup peeled and diced cucumber
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs chopped parsley
fresh dill
s&p

add extra water or lemon juice if it's too thick

1 comment:

Cindy DG said...

This looks great!!
Cindy
http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com